What to SHRED in Philadelphia?
When it comes to determining which documents to shred, narrowing them down can be quite difficult. That’s because, in truth, there a number of documents that could pose a risk if they are not disposed of properly.
Once you allow information to leave your site – in the trash or in the hands of a Philadelphia recycling company – you’ve lost control. You have put yourself and your company at risk. Any kind of record – customer lists, interoffice memos, payroll information, and much more – could be used to compromise your organization’s security.
In fact, under various federal and Pennsylvania privacy laws, if your personal files or other types of records are disclosed to outside parties – even by accident – it could be grounds for a lawsuit.
We’ve compiled a basic list of what we think is worth your consideration when comprising a shredding plan. Based off of your needs, we recommend making a master list of what documents need to be shredded to have on hand for future reference.
Legal Documents and Documentation:
- Expired Contracts or Legal Documents
- Insurance Agency Records
- Legal Correspondence
- Accounting Records
- A/R and A/P printouts
- Bank Statements
- Unused Checks
- Customer Lists
- Credit Card Statements and Receipt
- Payroll Journal
- Any Tax Documents
- Accident reports
- Claims—made and settled
- Insurance policies
- Safety reports
- Drafts of Sales & Marketing Strategies
- Prospect Lists
- Sales Reports
Documents Relating to Employees, Clients, Students, Etc.:
- Any document containing employee personal information
- ID Cards & Badges
- Document printed on Company Letterhead
- Training Manuals
- Student Records & Applications
- Medical Records
- Payroll Documents
- Medical records
- Medical benefit plans
- COBRA records
- Client Services Records
- OSHA logs
- Employment applications—both hired and not hired
- Procurement Requests
- Proprietary Data
- Purchase Orders
- Supplier Lists
- Production Reports
- Shipping & Receiving Reports
- Corporate Records
Hard Drives and Electronic Media Devices:
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Embedded flash on boards and devices
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- PC hard drives
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Biomedical devices such as physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
Why Take a Chance? Shred it Completely with Philadelphia Shredding Service & Record Storage!
There’s never been a better time to enlist in professional shredding services the help protect you, your family, and your business. At Philadelphia Shredding Service & Record Storage, we offer a variety of service options for your convenience, such as on-site shredding, off site shredding, and hard drive shredding. We’ll help you ensure your safety with any one of our convenient services so that you don’t have to worry about your information ending up in the wrong hands.
To learn more about the services offered at Philadelphia Shredding Service & Record Storage, just give us a call at (215) 874-0069, or fill out the form to the left today!